So I have been nominated by Primrose for the Liebster Award. I am truly honored to have been considered for this. I think the best way to get your ideas and thoughts across the internet is if you network. So it’s great that I’m expanding out to people who I don’t know personally.
1. If you could visit any fictional place, where would it be?
Uh… let’s see. I want to say Hogwarts, but to be honest, I would love to go to Westeros. I mean, I would want to go see the White Walkers and meet Jon Snow.
2. If you could ask an author any question and be given an honest answer, what would you ask?
I would like to ask Victoria Aveyard, who wrote “Red Queen” about her plot twist. I would want to know how she came up with that. Did she know from the start how each character would act, or was it a surprise to her as well??? I mean, come on! If you have read “Red Queen” you would know.
3. If you could ask an author about the life of a character(s) after the end of a book, who would you ask about?
This is a toughie… but I would have to ask John Green about the life of Margo from “Paper Towns.” I don’t want to elusive answer. I literally want a factual account of her life. Like, when she grows up, does she continue to be an elusive mystery, or does she grow up?
4. Where is your favourite place to read?
My room. I rarely like reading anywhere else but there.
5. What book will always make you laugh, no matter how many times you read it?
I don’t really read that many books over and over again, but I will have to say “Vampire Academy” by Richelle Mead. I read that book series several times and every time I can’t stop laughing, crying, or whatever.
6. What is a book that you love, but other people just don’t ‘get’?
It’s really hard to find a book that other people don’t love…. but the first three Vampire Diaries books were great. I didn’t finish the series, but the books were awesome to me.
7. What’s your most recent read?
The last one I finished was “All the Bright Places” by Jennifer Nivan. I wrote a blog post about it. Check it out.
8. If you were given the power to be able cast a single wizarding spell from Harry Potter, what would you want it to be?
Wingardian Leviosa… duh.
9. What makes or breaks a book for you? (As an example, if a book has amazing one-liners then I’m sold.)
I really don’t know. Sometimes it’s if the conflict is resolved too quickly, then I will hate the book. If the pacing is slow, or if you’re (*cough cough*) George R.R Martin. Although I do love Game of Thrones…. seriously… do we need a full description of someone’s armor that takes about a page and a half to describe???
10. Is there a book that you have ever physically thrown across the room or had to put down? If so, what was it?
Game. of. FRIGGIN. Thrones. Need I say more????
11. Why do you blog about books?
I blog about books because I need an outlet to talk about books. I love talking about books and a blog is the next best thing to having friends who are into books.
So now that I have done that, I will nominate 11 more people. Please answer the questions I did and then nominate 11 more people.
So I have looked at all of your blogs and we all have so much in common! You each have some great reviews and I look forward to putting more on my TBR list.